We bring you these images of Mont Saint Michel. Let’s admire the beauty of the second most visited place in France.
Mont Saint Michel is the second most visited place in France. We went to explore its narrow streets and visit its abbey. We were even able to make good friends with the seagulls that visit it and during all this time the place gave us stunning images, which we want to share with you in a gallery entitled “Mont Saint Michel images“
Pictures of Mont Saint Michel
About what we can see in these Mont Saint Michel images
- In some of the images of Mont Saint Michel we can see the grass, in others the river. This depends on where the photo is taken from.
- The river you see in the photos, which has almost no water, is the Couesnon River.
- When the tide is very high, neither the green grass, nor the road, nor the river can be seen. That happens a few days a year.
- In the part with green grass, you can see sheep grazing, we could not see them with our eyes, but it is a well-known postcard, and they put it everywhere.
- When the tide is low, the sea is 15 kilometers from the Norman coast.
- The wooden path that you see is to walk, bike or bus, to enter Mont Saint Michel. Before, it was possible to get there by car, but for logistical and ecological reasons, it is no longer possible. And the truth is that it was better that way, we saw some photos of how it was filled with tourist buses and the view was not pleasant at all.
- Seeing Mont Saint Michel from the bay is another must-see photo of the place.
- From the dam you can have excellent views of the monument.
- This dam serves to discard the sediments that formed during the time when there was a paved road to Mont Saint Michel, which damaged the ecosystem, but it is recovering little by little.